Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our mini family!!!

I keep seeing such cute wooden dolls around in stores ($$$!) and on blogs so I decided to make some for Lincoln. They are in a rough state right now, Lincoln played with them before the hands and finish could be applied so Daddy especially is in a bit of a bruised state. I'm afraid I probably won't touch up those scars before finishing them up. Lincoln really loves them. He likes to make mom and dad kiss and the family went to the zoo and drove the bus the other day.

6 comments:

Emily A. said...

They are so cute. How do you manage to master painting, scrabble, sewing, cooking, gardening, etc...all at once?

Naomi said...

Hmm, I guess I'm mostly just good at moving on and not sticking to anything for very long. I choose projects I can finish very quickly so I don't get tired of them.

Nancy said...

What a cute idea!

Joseph said...

That's great and everything, but where's the uncle Joseph one?

Naomi said...

Well Domtar, it would seem I do have six wooden people waiting to be painted.

Bethany said...

I just love that you made your family! I wished I had thought of this when my kids were little! That's why I hosted a kokeshi show-- to encourage people to do their own (instead of feeling like they had to buy them)! Very cute job you did!!!