Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Maybe you're the one with the problem

So I drove 40 minutes to Garland to look through a lady's fabric stash. She advertised on Craigslist that she would sell some of her stash by the yard for $3-$5 per yard. I thought, well, ther probably won't be a whole lot I like so I'll put $40 as my max and I don't have to spend it all if I don't find enough that I really want. This weekend, I worked as quickly as I could to make the $40 doing my new data entry job. I took out the cash so I wouldn't spend more than my limit and Lincoln and I drove off on our journey to Garland. Chris took the old car so I could drive on the toll roads and that in itself proves how dedicated I was to looking at this fabric. The end of the story is she had a lot of really cool fabric that I really wanted and I spent more than 3 times my budget. Oops.

I bought 2 yards each of these:



Then 1 yard each of these:



Then 1/4 yard of these:

and these:


Can you really blame me though? I mean, come on!

Afterwards, we went to see where Chris works and have lunch with him. Lincoln fell asleep in the car on the way home. I managed to stay awake. It was a fun day trip, but it sure wore me out.

7 comments:

Donnell Allan said...

You were right. It's the quarter yards that excite me the most. But what a haul! They are all so pretty. (Oops. Sorry to bother you in the midst of your data processing marathon.) :o)

Emily A. said...

Whoa...that some dedicated fabric shopping! Good work. Even I, who does not sew well, can tell that you got some beautiful stuff. Well done.

Raelee said...

You might just be a fabric-o-holic. Way to go! I like what you got and I also like that you went ahead and got what you wanted.

Di said...

It would appear that it was definitely worth the trip -now if you bought all that, how much of her stash did you leave behind??

Naomi said...

Yeah, fortunately for her these were pretty much all on bolts so I think she still has plenty to work with. There was so much great stuff to choose from. I was might impressed.

Naomi said...

I meant mighty impressed. Where did my "y" go?

claudia said...

Wow, I would drive 2 hours (well, my husband would drive since I can't) to get that much fabric at such a good price :)