Thursday, April 9, 2009

Lincoln's dresser redo

Here's the best before shot I could find.

Here's the after.

The white paint is what I'm using for trim in our rooms. The blue paint is a small can I bought a long time ago on the mistake shelf at the hardware store. I wasn't sure how it would turn out and whether I would like it with the two colors, but I really love it. I like how the details show more in the after. I never really paid attention to them until I painted them. I love putting new hardware on things. I had to haggle to get them for a good price, but it all worked out. I still can't pay $40 for hardware when I paid $5 for the dresser. I managed to get all 10 drawer pulls for $10. I got to use the drill quite a bit since I couldn't find hardware that fit the existing holes. I used 1 of the 2 existing holes and filled the other with a mixture of elmer's glue and toilet paper. I found that recipe online and it seemed like the perfect filler.