Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The garden update




I'm afraid there isn't much good news with regard to the garden. It isn't doing so hot. The birds? ate all but one cucumber plant before this picture, it has since perished as well. The dill died out, the cabbage plants died out, the cilantro is barely hanging on. The onions and radishes are doing relatively well. The beans, well, I'm not sure what's going to happen. There is a lot of damage, but also some growth. We'll see. I haven't gotten around to putting a fence up around it yet, but I may miss my chance. Oh, and the tomato and pepper plants seem to be maintaining their size without too many leaf losses. I tried to replant some cilantro and dill, but those lasted about a week before dying in the house and then outside.

2 comments:

Emily A. said...

Bummer. Our garden at the brother-in-laws isn't doing so good either. Its hard to grow stuff when the sun never shines and the temps don't go above 60.

Raelee said...

I was just going to email you and ask about the status of the box spring garden. I still think your garden is doing better than my garden.