Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Chair Makeover

Before:



This project came after a trip to the local thrift store, CCA. Lincoln had played a little too rough on one of our dining room chairs and it had been irreparably damaged. While at CCA I found this chair and a little footstool and decided these would be the perfect items to try to recover in fabric. I was wrong. The chair was very difficult to recover because I couldn't take the seat off. It was glued on. So I found an alternative way to sew directly onto it. I'm glad I'm done because I will never do that again. What a pain! I used a curved upholstery needle and lots of time to get the thing done.

After:

2 comments:

a girl called dallan said...

Wow! It's beautiful. I'm so glad you shared the picture. :0)

Emily A. W. said...

Naomi...you are amazing. It looks awesome. Makes me want to re-upholster our dining room chairs. They are pretty fuggly.