Thursday, July 28, 2011

Decorative Boxes


I've been having an exciting couple of weeks for my shop. I am learning a lot along the way about marketing, photography, shipping prices, etc. It turns out my shipping prices were extremely low. I had no idea it would cost so much to send a box in a box.

I had my first sale. Hooray! My first sale is going to a famous couple who are getting married, but I don't want to type their names online in case somehow it got back to them and spoiled the surprise. Ask me about it if you are interested. Just a couple of days later I sold 4 more boxes so I really feel on a roll. There has been a lot of happy dancing around here lately.

I am working on my first commission order. Fun to see what other people would like to be in the shop. I have to stick with the fabrics that make me happy, but it would be nice to have more input on what else people would like to see.

It will be fun to see what my boxes end up being used for in the future; decorative boxes, gift boxes, baby nursery storage, etc.

2 comments:

Donnell Allan said...

You are amazing! go, Nokiomi, go!

Vic Bibby said...

Hi Naomi. Love your boxes, and I'm so pleased you're off to a good start - famous people too! I'm looking for something to store our DVDs in, and sit on the bottom shelf of our cabinet. Would a medium rectangle box fit DVDs OK? If so, would like to talk to you about a commission. Email me: cushandnooks@xtra.co.nz - thanks. xxx