Sunday, February 22, 2009

A makeover project

When we were living in an apartment a year and a half ago we had a small chest of drawers we used for random storage. I picked it up at a garage sale and I think I paid about $4-5 for it. The yellow paint on it was already sanded and ready to be redone, but of course I didn't get around to doing anything about it. Then we moved and the yellow chest went into our in-laws' attic. It had been forgotten. Recently it reappeared and was brought back to our house right when we needed it. I had actually tried to buy similar things on Craigslist. The other bonus was that it came back right when I'm in the middle of painting walls so adding an additional item that was ready to go was no problem. Lincoln and Chris helped with the primer and then I painted two coats in between using that same paint for the trim in the study. I don't have a picture of the wall in the study yet, maybe I'll end up painting the other 3 walls too and can get a great after picture to post.

So anyway, I'm posting the before and after pictures as well as a closeup of the new drawer knobs I put in. They were a little on the pricey side ($3 each) considering the price I paid for the dresser, but they are lovely and I'm glad I splurged a little and got some I really like.





3 comments:

A Girl Called Dallan said...

The chest looks beautiful. I love those drawer pulls! Thanks for posting the pictures.

Hoppo Bumpo said...

What a fabulous makeover. The detail on those drawer handles is lovely.

Emily A. W. said...

Wow! Beautiful. You are inspiring me to get busy.