Oh, but first I have to give you a garden update. Everything had been destroyed by the rabbit(?) except for one miraculous tomato plant that kept hanging in there. We were watching the 5 tomatoes as they grew and started to ripen. Unfortunately, I went outside to check on the plant today and sadly it has been destroyed. There is a stalk surrounded by shredded branches and leaves. No sign of the tomatoes. It is a sad day.
So back to what I made. About a week or two ago I was playing with Lincoln in the nursery room at the church while we waited for Chris to finish up some other business. They had a few baby dolls in the cupboard, but I noticed the babies were sadly lacking in clothing and blankets. Rather than clothe the dolls I decided to tackle the easier task of providing a blanket. It turned into a mat for a bed, a pillow and a quilt. I love it so much! I had been planning on using these squares for a larger quilt, but I'm thinking a quilt that can be completely finished by the end of Finding Nemo is not such a bad thing. When I delivered the bedding to the nursery today I quickly discovered that 1 set will definitely not be enough as there are at least 3 baby dolls there.