Saturday, January 26, 2008

Oatmeal Muffins

This is a recipe I got from a ward in college. They handed out recipe books ("Recipes Yo Mama wants you to know...") with recipes from all the girls in Relief Society. This is a recipe from Cara Ricks.
1 cup oats
1 cup milk
1/3 cup honey
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 well beaten egg
1/4 cup oil
Combine oats, milk and honey. Let stand 15 minutes. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Combine egg and oil and then add to oatmeal mixture. Add all at once to the dry ingredients, stirring just to moisten. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 425 for 20-25 min.
For mine, I didn't sift anything I just whisked the dry ingredients. They finished cooking around 15 minutes and were even a little darker than I would have preferred. I think our oven tries to sabotage my cooking.

No comments: